Upgraded your Laptop to SSD and looking to safely connect your 2.5 inch Laptop Hard drive as well! The Pibox India SATA to USB3.0 converter cable helps you easily connect your 2.5 inch Laptop Hard Drive to the USB3.0 Port. This Plug and Play converter cable is a portable solution that tucks away nicely in a laptop bag with no external power requirement to use the device. Add drive space to your laptop by connecting to a SATA 2.5″ SSD or HDD using this SATA to USB cable
- Quickly access a SATA SSD OR HDD via the USB3.0 Port and 50cm long converter cable
- LED status indicators for ‘Power’ and ‘Access’
- Add storage, perform backups, create disk images, implement data recoveries, and transfer content to your laptop
- FAST TRANSFER SPEEDS WITH UASP: The SATA to USB adapter supports USB 3.0 data transfer speeds of 5Gbps. But, you can experience transfer speeds up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0, when connected to a computer that also supports UASP
- SAVE TIME: Easily swap between drives with no need to install the drive inside an enclosure
- Powered by ASM 1153e Chipset bridge which offers the best reliability
- Cable will work ONLY with 2.5″ SATA drives, 3.5″/5.25″ drives are NOT SUPPORTED
- Connect the SATA Connector to the SATA reciprocal on your 2.5” SATA hard drive/solid state drive.
- Connect the USB connector from the cable to a USB port on the host PC (Faster with USB 3.0)
Operation: Once the cable has been attached to a computer, the necessary software will automatically install, and the drive will be accessible as though it were installed within the system
Powering the Drive: The hard drive adapter requires no external power supply, as it is capable of receiving enough power from the USB3.0 Bus to which it is connected
Disconnecting the HDD or SSD
- Select the “Safely remove Hardware and Eject Media” icon, located in the task bar.
- Select the USB Storage Device from the list that appears.
- Wait for the message indicating that it is safe to remove device.
Note: Removing the connected drive prior to receiving notification that it is safe to do so, could result in losing or corrupting data stored on the drive.
- Mac OS To safely disconnect, close any windows listing the contents of the removable drive. Click on the USB storage icon on the desktop, and drag it to the Trash Can icon on the desktop. Allow 5 seconds before physically removing the enclosure/drive from the computer
1. My Laptop/PC does not recognise my Hard Drive
Step1: Check Compatibility – This Sata to USBadapter works only for 2.5inch Desktop Hard Drives/SSD that can work on 5V DC.
Step2: Try a different USB3.0 port in a different PC/Computer.
Step3: Run diskmgmt.msc and initialise the disk.
2. I need to connect my 3.5inch Desktop HDD
Step 1: Desktop HDD needs 12V supply for normal operations. Please visit www.pibox.in/
Protection and Portability for your laptop HDD is now possible with Transparent Hard Drive Enclosure from Orico. While Orico protects your HDD, 12 months manufacturer warranty from PiBOX India protects your Orico product purchase. Register your orico purchase.